Student Code of Conduct
1. Students’ rights
All students have the right to:
- Fair treatment and to be treated with respect by all students and staff.
- Learn in a supportive environment which is free from harassment, discrimination and victimisation.
- Learn in a healthy and safe environment where the risks to personal health and safety are minimised.
- Access Alice Spring College records on themselves.
- Have their complaints and appeals dealt with fairly, promptly, confidentially and without retribution.
- Make appeals about procedural and assessment decisions.
- Receive training, assessment and support services that meet their individual needs.
- Be given clear and accurate information about their course, training and assessment arrangements and their progress.
- Access the support they need to effectively participate in their training program.
- Provide feedback to Alice Spring College on the client services, training, assessment and support services they receive.
2. Students’ responsibilities
All students, throughout their training and involvement with Alice Spring College, are expected to:
- Treat others with fairness and respect and refrain from actions or speech that could offend, embarrass or threaten others.
- Not harass, victimise, discriminate against or disrupt others.
- Treat all others and their property with respect.
- Respect the opinions and backgrounds of others.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures as directed by staff.
- Report any perceived safety risks as they become known.
- Not bring onto the premises being used for training purposes any articles or items that may threaten the safety of self or others.
- Notify us if any of their personal or contact details change.
- Provide relevant and accurate information to Alice Spring College in a timely manner.
- Approach their course with due personal commitment and integrity.
- Complete all assessment tasks, learning activities and assignments honestly and without plagiarism or infringing on Copyright.
- Hand in all assessment tasks, assignments and other evidence of their work with a completed and signed cover sheet.
- Make regular contact with their Trainer/Assessor.
- Prepare appropriately for all assessment tasks, visits and training sessions.
- Notify Alice Spring College if any difficulties arise as part of their involvement in the program.
- Notify Alice Spring College if they are unable to attend a training session for any reason at least 12 hours prior to the commencement of the activity.
- Make payments for their training within agreed timeframes, where relevant.